This is the best lasagne recipe I’ve ever had and would highly recommend it to everyone. It’s very easy to make using no-cook lasagna noodles. We like it accompanied with either Parmesan bread or garlic cheese toast.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package (8 ounces) no-cook lasagna noodles
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) small-curd cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, water, tomato paste, salt and oregano; mix well.
- Spread a fourth of the meat sauce in an ungreased 5-qt. slow cooker. Arrange a third of the noodles over sauce (break the noodles if necessary). Combine the cheeses; spoon a third of the mixture over the noodles. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining meat sauce. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender.
Optional: Instead of using an onion, I use McCormick’s chopped onions and if I don’t have any garlic cloves handy, I will use McCormick’s garlic salt or powder. The recipe calls for the meat sauce to be the top layer and usually if I have any of the cheese mixture left over, I will sprinkle it on top of the meat sauce.