- 6-8 large bell peppers
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 large onion
- 1 cup Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Light brown ground beef ; drain.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Gently pack into peppers which have been capped and seeded.
- Spray slow cooker with a nonstick spray and place peppers in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 9 to 11 hours or high 5 to 6 hours.
- The last hour add Mozzarella cheese to the peppers.
Note: This recipe calls for cooked rice but I chose to use Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice because it only takes 90 seconds in the microwave and Ta-Da….Cooked rice! I also used McCormick’s onion flakes instead of an onion. I didn’t measure the onion flakes, I just put as much as I thought was needed. I also cooked our peppers on low for about 9 hours and they were perfect. This was served with Twice Baked Potatoes and garlic bread. Yummy!