Who loves Italian? I do! I do! Well, actually the whole family does so I have been searching the internet for some recipes that I’ve never made before and found this one. I have bought a bag of frozen meatballs but you can also use ground beef and make your own. And you will also need a garlic spread, which I bought mine already made up but if you would like to try your own, make a blend of 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese and 1/2 teaspoon dried basil.
- 2 cans crescent roll dough
- 1 block (8 oz.) of light cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon garlic spread seasoning
- 1-1/2 to 2 lbs. meatballs (depending on size, cut in half or quartered)
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Unroll the crescent roll dough and press into baking dish, covering bottom of dish and pressing it halfway up the sides of the dish.
- Place the cream cheese in a small bowl and mash it with a fork. Add in the garlic spread seasoning and thoroughly blend it in the cream cheese. Spread the cream cheese in a thin layer over the crescent roll dough. It may be easier to spread it out with your fingers instead of using a spatula.
- Combine the meatballs and spaghetti sauce in a large bowl and then carefully pour or spoon it over the cream cheese and dough.
- Sprinkle the shredded Mozzarella cheese over the top and place it in the oven for about 30 minutes or until is melted and the sauce is bubbly.