Now that Autumn is here and we have cooler days, it’s time to start making soup. My sister-in-law introduced me to this recipe and it’s a keeper, for sure. It’s also one of my comfort foods for the runny nose, sore throat season.
- 1 bag (30 oz) frozen hash-brown potatoes
- 2 cans (14 oz ea) chicken broth
- 1 can (10.75 oz) cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 C chopped onion
- 1/3 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- Garnish: minced green onion, Cheddar, shredded, and bacon
In a crock pot, combine potatoes, broth, soup, onion, and pepper. Cover, and cook on low for 5 hours. Stir in cream cheese, cook 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until combined.
*Garnish with green onion, and/or Cheddar and bacon if desired.