A family favorite, especially my husband. We buy our corn from a local farmer so you can also cut the corn from the cob instead of using packaged corn from the store.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, sweet cream butter is our favorite
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet over medium heat, combine the corn, cream, salt, sugar, pepper and butter. Whisk together the milk and flour, and stir into the corn mixture. Cook stirring over medium heat until the mixture is thickened, and corn is cooked through. Remove from heat, and stir in the Parmesan cheese until melted. Serve hot.