This recipe was given to me by my Mom. She’s the best and a great southern cook. This is a favorite at our house and it doesn’t last very long, maybe 2 days. It’s so easy to make and our son loves to help with this.
Mom's Banana Pudding
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 box vanilla wafers
- 4-5 bananas
- Combine sugar, flour, and salt.
- Add eggs and milk.
- Add this mixture to sugar/flour mixture and blend.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Add vanilla and remove from heat.
- Line bottom of dish with vanilla wafers.
- Then add a layer of sliced bananas.
- Pour part of custard over layers and repeat layers.
See how easy this was? 🙂