This is a recipe that was passed down to me from a friend and I’m very thankful that she was sweet enough to share this sweet treat.
- 1 box German Chocolate cake mix or Chocolate Cake mix
- 1-16 ounce Cool Whip
- 5 regular sized Butterfinger bars, crumbled
- 1 (12.25 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 1 (14 ounce) can NESTLE® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Prepare cake according to package directions using a 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Mix caramel topping and condensed milk together.
- Poke holes in cake about 1-inch apart and 1-inch deep using handle of wooden spoon. Pour sweetened condensed milk and caramel mixture over cake.
- Spread Cool Whip on top of cake and sprinkle Butterfinger crumbs on top of Cool Whip.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Cook’s Notes: By putting holes in your cake, this will allow the caramel to seep into the cake and the taste is out of this world. One of our family’s favorite desserts.