Getting ready for the cool, autumn mornings with Pumpkin Spice Biscuits. These biscuits are de-lic-ious all by themselves or even better slathered with spiced butter.
Pumpkin Spice Biscuits
- 2 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon Homemade Pumpkin Spice (Click on Homemade Pumpkin Spice for recipe)
- 3/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup whole buttermilk, chilled
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Pumpkin Spice Butter (Click on Pumpkin Spice Butter for recipe)
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, and Homemade Pumpkin Spice. Using a fork, cut butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs with some pea-size pieces of butter remaining. Add buttermilk, stirring until combined.
- Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface. Knead dough several times until it comes together. Pat into a 10×9-inch rectangle. Using a 2 1/2-inch round cutter dipped in flour, cut dough, without twisting cutter. Re-roll scraps as needed. Place rounds on prepared pan, spacing 2 inches apart. Brush tops with melted butter. Freeze until chilled, approximately 10 minutes.
- Bake until golden brown, approximately 12 minutes. Serve with Pumpkin Spice Butter.