Don’t these look delicious? Our little boy comes home from school and the first thing he ask for is food. Today I had a chocolate craving so this is what I made, plus I bought myself a new cookie jar and I had to have cookies for it.
Just a little tidbit about myself…Several years ago, I worked for our local (no-kill) Animal Shelter and we have 4 dogs, which 3 are rescued. One of those dogs was bought and he is a Basset Hound (Copper). So, when I saw this cookie jar and it was a Basset Hound, I had to purchase it. It is so adorable and I bought it at Wal-Mart. And who watches The Pioneer Woman on Food Network? Yes, she has a whole line of cookware, bowls, plates and even Charlie Cookie Jars.
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg, plus 1 yolk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl whisk together the melted butter and sugars until combined. Mix in the vanilla, egg and extra yolk. Stir in the flour mixture until just combined. Then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by the heaping tablespoonful onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are a pretty golden toasty brown.
- Cool the cookies for a few minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.