Baked French Toast is so good and very simple to prepare also. I found this recipe by mistake in one of my cookbooks and I had never imagined french toast being baked in the oven. Just quickly prep it the night before and it’s ready to pop into the oven in the morning. Then all you have to worry about is eating its deliciousness!
Baked French Toast
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 loaf Texas white bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Grease a 9×13 pan. Combine melted butter and 1 cup brown sugar in a small bowl and then spread into the bottom of your prepared 9×13 pan.
- Beat together eggs, milk, and vanilla. Set aside. Mix together 2 Tbsp. brown sugar and 2 tsp. cinnamon in another bowl and set aside.
- Put one layer of bread on top of butter and brown sugar mixture. Make sure the whole bottom of the pan is covered. Then pour half of your egg mixture on top of bread layer and sprinkle with half of the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture. Add another layer of bread. Pour the rest of the egg mixture on top and sprinkle with the rest of the cinnamon and brown sugar mixture. Cover tightly and chill in refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake french toast covered for 30 minutes and then uncovered for 10-15 more minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving if desired.
This is such a great breakfast and we love the cinnamon and brown sugar added to it. And if you must have some syrup with this, try out my Simple Maple Syrup recipe.