I’ve tried more than one meatloaf recipe in my lifetime and I have found one that my family absolutely loves. Personally, I give this a 5 star rating but I’ll let you be the judge of that.
- 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. ketchup
- 1-1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 3/4 c. milk
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 c. finely crushed saltine cracker crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 5×9-inch loaf pan.
- Press the brown sugar in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan and spread the ketchup over the sugar.
- In a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly all remaining ingredients and shape into a loaf.
- Place on top of ketchup.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices are clear.
Optional: I use diced green bell peppers and instead of using a small onion, I use
McCormick’s onion flakes. I have a habit of not measuring so use as
much as desired.