This Slow Cooker Crack Chicken is Creamy Cheesy Ranch and Bacon Shredded Chicken. It’s perfect on it’s own, on a sandwich, in a tortilla or as a dip!
I know the name is a bit awkward but I promise, I didn’t come up with it. My Mom found this recipe in one of her 100 cookbooks and if you’re a chicken lover, you’ll love this and it’s super easy.
Anyhow, the ingredients will transform into a creamy, tasty, shredded chicken that you can use in TONS of ways: Sandwiches, Nachos, Enchiladas (Hello..Crack Enchiladas…how FUN!)… so scoop it onto a bowl of crunchy lettuce and you have yourself Crack Salad. Whhhaattt?
Also, you can add 2 flavored blocks of cream cheese in place of 2 blocks of regular cream cheese. I have found bacon flavored cream cheese that I will try next. I haven’t done this just yet but I believe it will be a fun way to experiment with this recipe. I will start out using one flavored cream cheese and one plain cream cheese so I can be safe and not over do the taste.
When I make sandwiches, I top it with a bit more cheddar and place it under the broiler for a beat. Because more cheese is more cheese and we like it like that.
Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 2 (8 oz) blocks cream cheese
- 2 (1 oz) packets dry Ranch seasoning
- 8 oz bacon, cooked crisply and crumbled
- In a slow cooker combine chicken, cream cheese, and Ranch seasoning.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours, until chicken shreds easily.
- Once chicken shreds stir with a large fork or spoon, so the chicken shreds and all the ingredients combine.
- Add in crumbled bacon and stir to incorporate. Add the bacon last so it stays crispy.