This is such a great recipe and it’s very easy to make. My family loves Mexican food and using crescent rolls instead of taco shells was a success. And also, it makes the dish look creative and fun.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (1.25 ounce) Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Water (as called for on seasoning packet)
- 2-8 ounce tubes of refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives
- Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 375°. Brown ground beef according to taco seasoning package. Add cheese, onions, peppers, etc…
- Unroll the crescent dough; separate into triangles. Spray pizza pan with cooking spray. Arrange triangles in a circle on a pizza pan with the wide ends toward the center of the pan, overlapping each other. It should look like a sun, with a large opening in the center. Spoon the meat mixture evenly onto widest end of each triangle. Bring points of triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough. (There should be gaps where filling is showing). Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Fill center with the optional toppings or, leave empty. A cute idea is to cut off the top of the pepper and hollow it out, then use the pepper as a salsa bowl.