Wonton Crackers is so simple to have as a holiday party snack or appetizer and there is no mess to clean up. Since I’m the ‘cheesy’ person in the family, this would be a great appetizer served with Colby/Monterey Jack cheese or by itself. If you have any shredded Cheddar cheese in the fridge, you can add a smidgen to the tops and melt in oven. All sorts of ideas come to mind with these crackers…Use cookie cutters to make different kid friendly shapes also.
Yield: 40 crackers
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 20 wonton wrappers or eggroll wrappers
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Brush some of the melted butter on two baking sheets and set aside.
- Place the wonton or eggroll wrappers close together on the baking sheets. Brush the tops with the remaining melted butter. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cheese, chives and parsley. Sprinkle evenly over the wontons. Lightly press into the wrappers with your fingers. Bake 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately transfer to a cooling rack and serve at room temperature.
Note: Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature.