This past Thanksgiving, I was wanting to make an appetizer and make something different. I searched the internet and found this recipe which turned out to be pretty yummy. It was so good that our family asked for it again at Christmas, and New Years Eve, and New Years Day…..
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
Ready in: 35 min.
- 1 (16 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- 1 pound sausage
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped black olives, drained
- 1 cup Ranch-style salad dressing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a miniature muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Insert wonton wrappers into the muffin pan so as to form small cups. Bake 5 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow the baked wrappers to cool. Remove from the pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix the sausage, Monterey Jack, Cheddar, black olives and Ranch-style dressing. Fill the baked wonton wrapper cups with the mixture.
- Bake the filled wonton wrappers 10 to 15 minutes, until the sausage mixture is bubbly and slightly brown. Watch closely so the wonton wrappers do not burn.
Note: I didn’t add black olives to my recipe and instead of using Ranch-style salad dressing, I used Ranch Dip. I’m planning on substituting the sausage with ground beef and instead of using Ranch Dip, using chipotle sauce. I love experimenting with recipes and my husband and our son make the best guinea pigs.